Morgan City Rentals stocks high quality brands of snatch blocks from Crosby, McKissick and Johnson. The snatch block is one of today’s most widely used types of blocks. As generally applied, its title refers to that group of intermittent-service blocks which quickly attach and "snatch” or move loads over relatively short distances. This is opposed to long lifts and continuous service for which crane and construction blocks are designed.
Keep in mind when renting a snatch block, that the overall tension on the snatch block will be more than the weight of the load itself. If you need assistance in determining the correct size snatch block for your lift, please contact our knowledgeable sales team.
- Forged alloy heat treated hooks.
- Forged steel swivel tees, yokes and shackles.
- Hook and shackle assemblies on 4 1/2" through 14" sizes can be interchanged.
- Can be furnished with bronze bushings or roller bearings.
- Opening feature permits insertion of rope while block is suspended from gin-pole.
- Can be furnished with SS-4055 hook latch.
- Pressure lube fittings. 3" thru 18" 418 and 419 blocks have exclusive bolt retaining spring to assure no lost bolts.
- Fatigue rated.